Wednesday, November 15, 2006

The Story of Rufus


His papers from the ACA say his name is Hulett's Tiny Rufus. He was whelped on July 15, 2003. He is a gold and white Lhasa Apso. The father of Rufus is Hulett's Angos Shadow and the mother is Hulett's Dreamy Noel. Hulett's Tiny Rufus has a disability-his back legs don't work properly. In fact, sometimes, he has to drag them. He probably has hip dysplasia. He shouldn't be able to do a lot that he does--like walk, run, jump. Thanks to his previous owner, he can do so much.


The day I got him, I was not sure I was going to keep him, but I wanted to see him. When I was little, I had a sister, named Tracey, who lived with us .She was adopted. Tracey was my hero. She talked about getting a Lhasa Apso when we were little. Tracey left us to live a different life several years ago, and little did I realize how much that effected me.


My dog, Bowser, had just gotten run over. Losing Bowser was sad, but the worst part of it all, was seeing it happen. I was down and out and wanted another dog, but at the same time, I said no.


I saw the ad in a local paper. Free, it said, dog with disability. I made an appointment to see Rufus right away.


When I got to the lady's home, I was met by someone extremely nice and friendly, holding the sweetest puppy. He was a little nervous. I didn't hesitate. I wanted him.


On the ride home, he began to whimper a little. But I told him it would be okay.


And the rest has been history....

No comments: